DOTA2 unable to download

GOLD0Respect1
Posts9DisRespect0
City:
France
Hi everyone, I am new on this forum and I would help ppl with LoL and DOTA, but I can't help with DOTA if I am not more able to play it :p

I got the beta, but since 2 weeks, I am not able to download the game.

When i try to download and install it, after 3 minutes, they tell me : "An error occured during the installation (Connection timeout)"
I already tried to change my download region in the STEAM's settings, but nothing changed.

If someone got the problem or knows the solution, it would be really usefull.

thanks for all.
toolb  :boo!:
18 April 2012, 18:20  #1
GOLD20Respect22
Posts148DisRespect0
DOTAРыбы (Pisces)Dota2
City:
Serbia and Montenegro, Mladenovo
Look at this topic i create: http://board.navi-gaming.com/dota2_support_en/common_dota_2_issues_and_solutions/
If that doesnt help, tell me more about your problem. I think that Steam may be bugged. Just rejoin Steam and if that doesnt help, redownload it and  reinstall. Then check your connection, maybe your routher is bugged or net card is broken. If that dont help just check viruses. If anything if this cant help, use Google or reinstall Windows.
21 April 2012, 15:43  #2
Only god can be my judge.
GOLD0Respect1
Posts9DisRespect0
City:
France
I already rode your topic :) But nothing seems to be the same as me.
My routher isn't bugged, because I can download others games on Steam. Moreover, I got no viruses and just reinstalled Windows.

I may contact Steam if I don't fix it, I got some contacts like translators who could be able to help me.

Atleast, really thanks for this quick answer :) I hope we will soon be able to play together ! :p
21 April 2012, 16:43  #3
Rating
GOLD3Respect795
Posts1826DisRespect114
3ona51Black BossTop 50 First Registered UsersHireling
City:
Ukraine, Kiev
So? Did you fix it or still need some help?
05 May 2012, 21:03  #4
GOLD20Respect22
Posts148DisRespect0
DOTAРыбы (Pisces)Dota2
City:
Serbia and Montenegro, Mladenovo

Atleast, really thanks for this quick answer :) I hope we will soon be able to play together ! :p
We will play together, but tell me did you download this. If i got any ideas how to fix it, i`ll contact somehow you via Skype or smg :)
05 May 2012, 22:31  #5
Only god can be my judge.
GOLD0Respect1
Posts9DisRespect0
City:
France
Yep men, I fixed it :)
Sorry my bad, I forgot to tell you some news :)

I tried many things, like changing clientregistry.blob file, changing localconfig.vdf file, reinstalling steam, reinstalling dota 2 (completly with some manipulations), etc. etc.

But nothing worked. So I connected my steam on a friend's account, which had DOTA2 beta activated. And I suddenly was able to download it...

I sent a message to DOTA2's team about this problem. If i got an answer, I will tell you here :p

steam : bowwb (if you wanna play^^)
06 May 2012, 12:47  #6
Rating
GOLD3Respect795
Posts1826DisRespect114
3ona51Black BossTop 50 First Registered UsersHireling
City:
Ukraine, Kiev
Okay, gratz! :) Topic was closed.
12 May 2012, 10:59  #7

DOTA2 unable to download